BC Family Doctors and GPSC are continuing to offer billing education webinars. The series will focus on:
- Increasing your confidence to accurately and appropriately bill GPSC fees
- Keeping you up-to-date information on GPSC billing fees and rules – doctors are responsible for all MSP claims/services billed under their MSP number, even when delegated
- Real-time discussion with physician billing experts
Dates for fall sessions are now available, and registration is open for all sessions. You can receive up to 10 Mainpro+ credits for attending.
Please note that registration is restricted to physicians and residents only.
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice. Thursday, Sept 22, 6-8 pm | Register here
Aimed at new-to-practice family doctors, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing.
- MSC General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101 series)
- Counseling (00120 & equivalent series)
- Telehealth and COVID-19
- When is a visit more than a visit? Multiple services/procedures
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1. Thursday, Oct 6, 6-8 pm | Register here
- GPSC Preamble overview
- CLFP Portal, Locum Portal and Long Term Care Portal (14070, 14071, 14072)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC Preamble
- Allied Care Providers
- CLFP New Patient Intake (14041)
- Communicating with patients (14076, 14078)
- Conferencing about patients (14067, 14077)
- Seeking urgent advice about a patient (14018)
- Giving advice about a patient (13005, 14019)
Session 3: GPSC Fees Part 2. Thursday, Oct 20, 6-8 pm | Register here
Session 4: GPSC Fees Part 3. Thursday, Nov 3, 6-8 pm | Register here
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Maternity Care Risk Assessment (14002)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044-14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
Session 5: Case-Based Experiences. Thursday, Nov 17, 6-8 pm | Register here
- Participants in this session will be led through more challenging and complex family practice billing scenarios.
- This cumulative session includes all content covered in Sessions 1-4, including all GPSC incentives and relevant MSP fees covered to-date.
For questions about GPSC or MSP fees, please send us a billing question.