We are the economic and political voice of family doctors in BC.
For 30 years, we have advocated for the economic and professional well-being of our profession as the Society of General Practitioners of BC (SGP).
Our purpose is to build an environment where family doctors thrive.
- To listen to understand
- To speak boldly
- To act with courage and integrity
What We Believe
Family doctors are the essential foundation of a high-functioning healthcare system. We believe that caring for family doctors ensures both healthy patients and healthy communities.
- Family doctors have a unique skill set and expertise that cannot be replaced.
- We live and breathe primary care – in fact, we specialize in it.
- As a result, the expertise, opinion and input of family doctors are crucial for the successful transformation of primary care in BC.
What We Do
At BC Family Doctors, we manage and update the family medicine fee schedule and improve the system of care for patients. Most importantly, we represent physicians at tables where the voices of family doctors need to be heard.
- When Doctors of BC is in negotiations with the government about physician remuneration, we are there.
- When the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC) meets to discuss the challenges and opportunities of primary care transformation, we are there.
- When physicians gather at the Doctors of BC Representative Assembly and committees, we are there.
Speaking for you.
The health and safety of our staff, board, members and visitors is our priority. View our COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan.