Physicians around the province have shown that together we can create change. Over the years, BC Family Doctors has led changes to family physician compensation and primary care reform. We are making sure family doctors’ voices are heard and patients’ needs are met.
You spoke. We listened. We delivered.
In the past year, we:
- Led an awareness raising campaign on the crisis in family medicine.
- Helped achieve a PMA with historic funding increases for doctors, tackling issues like re-referrals and administrative burdens.
- Co-led discussions with government to secure the Longitudinal Family Physician (LFP) Payment Model.
- Revamped our resources to provide the most useful tools for our members, including ones to support doctors transitioning to the new LFP Payment Model.
We still have much work to do, and we are confident that together, we can transform primary care into an ecosystem where physicians and patients can truly thrive.
We are just getting started. We can’t do it without you.
Let’s create a new tomorrow where everyone can thrive.
Motivated by a better future for family doctors and for British Columbians, we pledge to:
- Lead and support the expansion of the LFP Payment Model for those of you whose choose this payment method.
- Lead the work around Fee-for-Service modernization.
- Advocate for the needs of all family doctors, regardless of how you choose to be compensated.
- Raise awareness of the challenges you face so that the government and the public are aware of the sacrifices and costs you incur.
- Listen, network and advocate for a strong future for family medicine.
- Address systemic factors impacting physician workload and health.
- Increase family doctor engagement and representation.
- Build and increase our capacity to serve you.
The Benefits of Being a Member
When you’re a member of BC Family Doctors, in addition to having your voice heard, you receive access to:
- The Simplified Guide to Fees and Uninsured Services Billing Package to simplify your billing, so that you can optimize your income as a family doctor.
- Billing Alerts and our Billing Questions Team to provide up-to-date information and answer billing questions to ensure accurate and efficient billing.
- Our website and email newsletters that provide the latest updates in the BC medical arena, with a unique lens on family medicine.
- Our free Locum & Job Listing Service, which is the #1 Google search result for family practice locums in BC, helping you recruit for your practice.
Join us today. Be Heard.
Membership renewal is done via the Doctors of BC website via the link above. Log in to your Doctors of BC account, and add your BC Family Doctors membership in the Sections and Societies area.
Renew your membership prior to March 31, 2024 to ensure uninterrupted access to the website and other membership benefits.