The Provincial Attachment System (PAS) has launched for family physicians. It represents another step in BC’s journey to strengthen family medicine and primary care.
The PAS will make it easier for patients who don’t have a family doctor to connect to one, for doctors to bring new patients into their practices, and for communities and the wider system to plan more effectively.
PAS information for physicians enrolled in the LFP Payment Model
Physicians billing under the LFP Payment Model have committed to developing and submitting a list of empanelled patients by October 31, 2023 or within three months of enrolment, whichever is later. Panel submissions are being managed carefully to ensure that they do not impact MSP Teleplan’s capacity or affect physician billing/payment processes. You will receive a Panel Registry payment of $6500 for participating in the PAS and submitting your list of empanelled patients.
- Guides and resources to help with panel clean up can be found on the Doctors of BC Health Technology Resources webpage.
- Once you have completed your panel clean up, you can submit your panel through a supported EMR before October 13 or via the third-party billing service provider, Dr.Bill, at anytime before October 31.
- Dr. Bill’s services are being provided at no cost to physicians and are now available to use.
Learn more here.
PAS information for longitudinal family physicians not enrolled in the LFP Payment Model
Longitudinal family physicians on Fee-for-Service or alternate payment models are also being asked to participate in the PAS. You will receive a Panel Registry payment of $6500 for participating in the PAS and submitting your list of empanelled patients.
- You will need to submit your list of empanelled patients by December 31, 2023 to be eligible for the Panel Registry Payment.
- Participation in the PAS will be part of the eligibility requirements for the FPSC’s Community Longitudinal Family Physician (CLFP) Payment this year.
- In the future, CLFP Payments (for Fee-For-Service physicians and other eligible physicians) will be calculated based on panel data in the PAS.
More information about supports available to assist you in cleaning up your panel, preparing for panel submission, and submitting your panel will be shared by Doctors of BC in the coming weeks.
Learn more here.
For more information about the Provincial Attachment System, please visit the Doctors of BC PAS webpage.