CHANGE STARTS HERE
BC Family Doctors is leading a movement for change. We are striving for a better tomorrow for you and your patients. We advocate on your behalf, addressing the issues that keep you up at night. We make sure your voice is heard. Change starts with us.
Our strategic plan is our compass, guiding our work as we strive to build an environment where family doctors thrive.
The plan sets out our priorities and lays the roadmap for how we’re going to achieve our goals. We regularly review and update our strategic plan to stay in-step with the needs and concerns of family doctors.
RECOGNIZE FAMILY DOCTORS AS SPECIALISTS IN PRIMARY CARE
- Heighten respect for the role family physicians play in our health system.
- Recognize the unique and specialized expertise of family doctors.
- Build community and pride among family doctors by celebrating the value of family medicine.
INCREASE REMUNERATION AND FUNDING MODELS FOR FAMILY DOCTORS
- Champion pay equity issues among family doctors as well as between family doctors and other types of specialists.
- Advocate for compensation for family doctors that reflects the full scope of longitudinal care, including direct and indirect patient care.
- Promote the adaptation of current and introduction of additional funding models for family doctors that provide fair remuneration and that address issues of team-based care.
ENGAGE AND GROW OUR MEMBERSHIP
- Strengthen our economic and political voice and influence.
- Build greater cohesion and community among family physicians.
- Enhance our organizational sustainability and succession planning to better support and advocate for family doctors in the long-term.
DEEPEN OUR RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER PHYSICIAN-LED ORGANIZATIONS
STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNICATIONS PRESENCE
BC Family Doctors works to inform, support, resource and advocate on behalf of family physicians across BC. Our annual reports tell the stories of our impact and accomplishments each year. We invite you to learn how we are making a meaningful difference in the lives of family doctors.