In the past few months, we have seen the power of joining our voices together to speak about the crisis in family medicine and the value of having a family doctor.
May 19 is Family Doctor Day. This week, we are seeing the public standing shoulder to shoulder with family physicians, calling for a future where every patient has a family doctor, and where family doctors can thrive, not just survive.
It’s time to invest in family doctors.
- CTV News Vancouver (May 25): How a ‘Band-Aid’ urgent care strategy contributed to B.C.’s primary care crisis
- The Globe and Mail (May 25): Shortage of family doctors puts B.C. government on defensive
- Global News (May 19): Doctors, patients rally in West Kelowna for increased access to family physicians
- CTV News Vancouver (May 19): Health-care rally draws hundreds to B.C. legislature
- The Tyee (May 19): Family Medicine Is Dying. Here’s How to Save It
- CBC, BC Today with Michelle Eliot Featuring Dr Renee Fernandez (May 19): Family doctor shortage in B.C
- City News (May 19): ‘Heaviest crisis in primary care:’ physicians rally for better access to family doctors
- Healthing.ca (May 19): Dr. Nowak: Every Canadian should have access to a family doctor — it’s a matter of life and death
- Mornings with Simi (May 19): Family Doctor day in BC
- Vancouver Sun (May 18): Vaughn Palmer: Horgan acknowledges shortage of family doctors is ‘very acute’
- Vancouver Sun (May 18): ‘Voracious’ appetite to dump fee-for-service model for B.C. family doctors