Family doctors are joining their voices together with patient advocates to speak to the crisis in family medicine.
Close to a million British Columbians, or one in five people, do not have a family doctor and cannot get one. Practicing family doctors cannot provide the care that British Columbians need and deserve. It’s time to invest in family doctors.
- Global News (June 5): ‘We are absolutely destroyed’: Health workers facing burnout, even as COVID levels ease
- CTV News Vancouver featuring Dr Niazi (June 1): The daily ‘marathon’: A rare first-hand look at B.C. family doctors’ workload
- CBC On the Coast (May 30): The BC Liberals are demanding more action on the healthcare staffing crisis in our province
- CBC The Early Edition (May 30): Med students say choosing family practice in BC these days comes at the cost of their own future and security
- CBC The Early Edition (May 27): Urgent and Primary Care Clinics are understaffed, according to documents released by the BC Liberals
- CTV News Vancouver (May 24): Time is money: B.C. doctors’ group proposes ‘overnight’ fix for primary care crisis