Family doctors are joining their voices together to speak to the crisis in family medicine.
Close to a million British Columbians do not have a family doctor and cannot get one. Practicing family doctors cannot provide the care that British Columbians need and deserve. It’s time to invest in family doctors.
Letters to the editor:
- North Shore News: Dr Blanka Jurenka: My shoe repair costs what B.C. pays me as a family doctor for a patient visit
- Kelowna Daily Courier- Dr Howard Davidson: Family doctors need improved working conditions
- Agassiz-Harrison Observer- Dr Darren Joneson: Primary care in crisis
- Kamloops This Week- Dr Grant Del Begio: Every B.C. resident deserves a family doctor
Add your voice to the family doctors speaking out for family medicine! Use our easy online tool to write a letter to the editor today.
Recent Media Reporting:
- CBC’s The Early Edition with Stephen Quinn: April 21, 2022: Shortage of family doctors in BC
- The Abbotsford News, featuring Dr Darren Joneson: Chilliwack doctor says government needs to re-think how family physicians are paid
- Peace Arch News, featuring Dr Tahmeena Ali: ‘I’m approaching a breaking point’: South Surrey doctor writes
- Global News, featuring Dr Tahmeena Ali: ‘In crisis’: Award-winning B.C. family doctor mulls giving up bursting practice
- Kamloops This Week, featuring Dr Grant Del Begio: Struggle to bring family doctors to Kamloops continues
- Business in Vancouver, featuring Dr Erin Carlson, Dr Katrin Lovett, and Dr Rita McCracken: ‘A big crisis’: How B.C.’s family doctor shortage is spreading
- Vancouver Sun, featuring Dr David May and BCCFP: Poll suggests many British Columbians are worried about losing their family doctor
- Global News, featuring Dr. Marjorie Docherty, Dr David May and BCCFP: 40% of British Columbians afraid of losing their family doctor, poll finds
- CKNW Mornings with Simi, featuring Dr Katrin Lovett and BCCFP: Losing family doctors in BC
- On The Island, featuring Dr Renee Fernandez (April 22): Crisis Care Forum, Part 2
- All Points West (Apr 21): A Crisis in Care: Hear from a fourth-year medical student about why she is steering away from family medicine
- On The Island, featuring Dr Alicia Pawluk (Apr 20): The Origins of the Doctor Shortage
- On The Island (Apr 19), featuring Dr Jennifer Lush and Dr Sarah Lea: The Family Doctor Shortage in Greater Victoria
- All Points West (Apr 19): Consequences for patients when family practices close