Family doctors can now access and use an improved version of the BC Palliative Care Benefits Registration form.
The new form was made effective on October 4th. Please discard all copies of older forms.
Significant updates include:
- Removal of “other diagnosis” field; primary diagnosis is sufficient
- More options for patient gender
- SPICT™ (Supportive & Palliative Care Indicators Tool) section updated to recent version of SPICT
- SPICT indicators now checked off, no longer cross-referenced and entered manually
- “Active” form (form fields) on page 1; general information follows
- Shorter and easier to read:
- Link to the 2020 My Voice Advance Care Planning Guide
Doctors can register B.C. residents of any age who have reached the end stage of a life-threatening disease or illness and wish to receive palliative care where they live. Care includes 100% coverage of eligible prescription and over-the counter drugs through PharmaCare’s Palliative Care Drug Plan (Plan P) and medical supplies and equipment provided by a local health authority following an assessment.