In 2022, BC Family Doctors and GPSC will continue to offer billing education webinars. The series will focus on:
- Increasing confidence when billing GPSC fees
- Better understanding appropriate billing
- Better understanding fee rules
- Ensuring comprehensive billing for all services
Dates for spring sessions are now available and registration is open for all sessions. This series will be recorded and posted on the GPSC YouTube channel, under the Billing Education playlist.
Please note that registration is restricted to physicians and residents only.
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice. Thursday, April 7, 6-8 pm | Recording
Aimed at new-to-practice family doctors, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing.
- General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101)
- Counseling (00120)
- Telehealth and COVID-19
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1. Thursday, April 21, 6-8 pm | Recording
- GPSC Preamble overview
- CLFP Portal, Locum Portal and Long Term Care Portal (14070, 14071, 14072)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC Preamble
- Communicating with patients (14067, 14076, 14078, 14023)
- Conferencing about patients (14077, 14018, 13005)
- Advice to another provider (13005, 14019, 14021, 14022)
Session 3: GPSC Fees Part 2. Thursday, May 5, 6-8 pm | Recording
Session 4: GPSC Fees Part 3. Thursday, May 19, 6-8 pm | Recording
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044, 14045, 14046, 14047, 14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
- Recap of definitions and what can be done face-to-face versus non-face-to-face
Session 5: Case-Based Experiences. Thursday, June 9, 6-8 pm | Recording
This session covers more challenging and complex family practice billing scenarios. This cumulative session includes all content covered in Sessions 1-4, including all GPSC fees and relevant MSP fees covered to date.
GPSC Team-Based Care | Recording
Aimed at family doctors working in teams, including being part of primary care networks, this cumulative session reviews content covered in Sessions 1-4, as well as:
- Billing in team-based care environments.
- Delegation and communication.
For questions about GPSC or MSP fees, please send us a billing question.