Almost 900,00 British Columbians do not have a family doctor. And that number is growing every day.
Family doctors are retiring, closing their practices, or reducing their hours. Newer doctors are not replacing those who leave. Practicing family doctors cannot provide the care that British Columbians need and deserve.
Recent Media Reporting:
- Healthy Debate: ‘All the trends paint a dire picture’: B.C. facing looming shortage of family physicians
- CBC British Columbia: Green Party calls on B.C. government to take urgent action on family doctor shortage
- Global News Health: Awareness campaign launched as thousands of Okanagan residents remain without a physician
- BC Family Doctors: Shortage of family doctors prompts awareness campaign
- BC’s Provincial Legislature: BC Today- Daily Report, April 7, 2022
- Chek Watch Local: Langford woman takes fight for family doctor to the B.C. legislature
- CTV News Vancouver Island: ‘Just isn’t sustainable’: More family doctors leave practice in Greater Victoria
- Gold Stream Gazette: MLA Report: Lack of family doctor means diminished quality of life
- Times Colonist: Comment: I’m an emergency physician. I’m angry that governments are mishandling primary care