This past summer, the BC Family Doctors team has been working hard to update our billing resources with particular focus on reviewing the comprehensive Simplified Fee Guide for accuracy and readability. By now, you may have also noticed our brand new look and feel!
We know navigating the payment schedule can be complex. This is why we have been busy expanding our billing education and support services. Our improved tools and resources simplify your billing work so you can focus on doing the work you love.
Here are a few of the ways we are helping family physicians optimize your billings:
- Our enhanced Simplified Fee Guide offers clear and concise information on the most common fee codes used by family doctors. Information is updated continually, ensuring that you can rely on the accuracy of this resource.
- Our searchable and expanded Billing Question Library is a one-stop shop for frequently asked questions about billing for all areas of your practice.
- Our Billing Tools will help you with uninsured services, common diagnostic codes and offers easy-to-use printable billing records. This section also has information about the Service Location Code changes, effective October 1.
- Send us a Billing Question! Our expert billing physicians are here to help physicians and MOA’s. There’s no question too simple or too complicated.
- Every member physician can register one MOA for access to all the above resources. Connect your MOA with all our practice help.
In addition, BC Family Doctors Billing Alerts and eBulletins are sent to members regularly as a reliable source of information for billing and practice updates.
Do you have feedback about any of our billing services? Please reach out to Rachel, our Economics & Billing Program Manager, with questions or comments.