As fall respiratory virus infections pick up steam, Child Health BC is sharing a suite of provincial pediatric support tools and resources on their website to support family doctors during respiratory illness season.
The content is organized into three groups:
1) Pediatric Foundations: this section consists of eLearning resources, online courses, clinical support tools and practice support documents to assist health-care providers in managing the care of pediatric patients.
2) Pediatric respiratory care: this section includes clinical support tools as well as resources to support conversations with patients, family and caregivers.
3) Provincial pediatric virtual support pathways: this section highlights virtual support tools available to B.C. doctors, residents, nurses, midwives, nurse practitioners and other pediatric providers across the province.
Promoting healthy habits for patients and families
As always, physicians should encourage patients and families to pay attention to symptoms and stay home when sick, wear masks when appropriate, follow respiratory etiquette, clean hands regularly, and, most importantly, stay up to date on vaccinations.
- Information for parents seeking medical care for children (PDF)
- When to bring your child to the Emergency Department (BC Children’s website)
For more information, visit: http://www.childhealthbc.ca/