We know family doctors are working hard to deliver care to British Columbians and “flatten the curve” for COVID-19. We have collated a few resources to help you deliver care to your patients.
In these difficult times, we encourage you to pause each day and be proud of the care you are giving.
BC Family Doctors Resources
Resources for Physicians
- Phase 1: What are Essential Services in Primary Care?
- Phase 2: Beyond Essential Services in Primary Care
- Determining Clinical Appropriateness for Virtual Care Visits
- BC Family Doctors Self Care Handout
- BC Family Doctors Mindfulness Tools
Resources for Patients
- Pathways is supporting physicians and their teams with:
- COVID NEWS BANNERS: Pathways is creating VERY BRIEF up to date news banners with active links that are being pushed to every Division’s homepage
- COVID PATIENT AND PHYSICIAN RESOURCES: The Pathways Resource Committee has been meeting frequently and entering practical Physician Tools and Patient Info
- NEW SPECIALTY OF COVID CARE: Physicians have been asking for a Central Repository of COVID Assessment Centres. Pathways has entered close to 100 New clinic listings in the NEW Specialty of COVID Care and is continuing to gathering this data in collaboration with FPSC and Divisions.
- Read more about how to use Pathways for COVID-19 patient and physician resources.
UBC Continuing Professional Development
Doctors of BC:
- Doctors of BC COVID-19 Updates
- Physician Health Program
- COVID-19 Physician Peer Support Sessions (Physician Health Program)
- My Family Doctor Cares campaign
- Practicing Cultural Safety and Humility in Response to COVID-19
- Preparing for a virtual appointment
- COVID-19 infographic for patients
Twitter Accounts to Follow
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC Family Doctors
- Doctors of BC
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- Dr Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada
- Dr. Jennifer Tranmer, President of BC Family Doctors
- Dr Renee Fernandez, Executive Director of BC Family Doctors
- Dr Kathleen Ross, President of Doctors of BC