BC Family Doctors and GPSC have been hosting a six-part webinar series about billing, with a focus on GPSC fees. Led by physician billing educators, these webinars provide up-to-date information and real-time discussion to help you better understand appropriate billing and the fee rules. By increasing your confidence when billing GPSC fees, you can optimize your billing for all services.
The series has been recorded. You can access the recordings below or via the GPSC YouTube channel.
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice | Thursday, March 11, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar recording
Aimed at new-to-practice family physicians, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing and will cover content including:
- General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101)
- Counseling (00120)
- Telehealth and COVID-19
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1 | Thursday, April 8, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar Recording
- GPSC Preamble overview
- CLFP Portal, Locum Portal and Long Term Care Portal (14070, 14071, 14072)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC Preamble
- Communicating with patients (14076, 14078, 14023)
- Conferencing about patients (14077, 14018, 13005)
- Advice to another provider (13005, 14019, 14021, 14022)
Session 3: GPSC Billing Part 2 | Thursday, April 29, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar Recording
Session 4: GPSC Billing Part 3 | Thursday, May 13, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar Recording
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044, 14045, 14046, 14047, 14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
- Recap of definitions and what can be done face-to-face versus non face-to-face
Session 5: Case-Based Exercises | Thursday, June 3, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar Recording
Participants in this session will be led through more challenging and complex family practice billing scenarios. This cumulative session includes all content covered in Sessions 1 to Session 4, including all GPSC incentives and relevant MSP fees covered to-date.
Session 6: GPSC Team Based Care | Thursday, June 17, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar Recording
Aimed at family physicians working in teams, including family physicians who are part of primary care networks, this cumulative session reviews content covered in sessions one through four, as well as:
- Billing in Team Based Care Environments
- Delegation & Communication
Fall series: For physicians/residents and support staff
Another series will be held in fall 2021. To see the dates and register, click here.