Examine patients and take their histories;
• Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health;
• Prescribe and administer medications and treatments;
• Perform and assist with routine surgery;
• Provide emergency care, provide acute care management;
• Vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases;
• Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues;
• Perform patient advocacy role, coordinate or manage primary patient care, provide continuous care to patients;
• Report births, deaths and diseases to governmental authorities.
MBChB (Doctor of Medicine) from an accredited medical school listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (with a Canada Note). Be accepted for membership in the College of Family Practitioners of Canada. Be a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners or a similarly recognized organization. Five years of practicing medicine as a General Practitioner. Requires occupational designation of Medical Doctor - MD or MBChB.
The general practitioner will be paid on a Fee-for-Service basis.
Number of hours per week: The general practitioner will work office hours plus the time necessary to complete patient charts. Estimated weekly total will be 36-40 hours per week.
This is a Fee-for-Service position so it is up to the physician as to how many patients can be seen in a day and still practice medicine meeting high quality standards.
Employment conditions: Full-time, permanent position
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite newcomers, veterans and First Nations to apply to this offer.