In 2020, BC Family Doctors and GPSC will continue to offer billing education webinars about GPSC incentive fees and select MSP fees for all family physicians.
Dates for fall sessions are now available and registration is open for all sessions.
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice | Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Aimed at new-to-practice family physicians, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing and will cover content including:
- General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101)
- Counseling (00120)
- Telehealth and COVID-19
- House calls
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1 | Tuesday, October 6, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
- GPSC Preamble overview
- GPSC Portal & Locum portal (14070, 14071)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC Preamble
- Communicating with patients (14076, 14078, 14023)
- Conferencing about patients (14077, 14018, 13005)
- Advice to another provider (13005, 14019, 14021, 14022)
Session 3: GPSC Billing Part 2 | Tuesday, October 27, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
Session 4: GPSC Billing Part 3 | Thursday, November 12, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044, 14045, 14046, 14047, 14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
- Recap of definitions and what can be done face-to-face vs. non face-to-face
Session 5: GPSC Billing Part 4 | Tuesday, November 24, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
Aimed at family physicians working in teams, including family physicians who are part of primary care networks, this cumulative session reviews content covered in sessions one through four, as well as:
- Billing in Team Based Care Environments
- Delegation & Communication
Session 6: Case-Based Exercises | Wednesday, December 9, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
Participants in this session will be led through more challenging and complex family practice billing scenarios. This cumulative session includes all content covered in Sessions 1 to Session 5, including all GPSC incentives and relevant MSP fees covered to-date.
For questions about GPSC fees, contact email@example.com.